S2. Peptide Hormones, Growth Factors, Related Substances and mimetics
If a Substance or Method is not defined in this list, please verify with your Anti-Doping Organization.
The following substances, and other substances with similar chemical structure or similar biological effect(s), are prohibited:
1. Erythropoietin-Receptor agonists:
1.1 Erythropoiesis-Stimulating Agents (ESAs) including e.g.
- darbepoietin (dEPO)
- erythropoietins (EPO)
- EPO-mimetic peptides (EMP) e.g.
- CNTO 530
- methoxy polyethylene glycol-epoetin beta (CERA).
1.2 Non-erythropoietic EPO-Receptor agonists, e.g.
- asialo EPO
- carbamylated EPO.
2. Hypoxia-inducible factor (HIF)
- HIF stabilizers e.g.
- HIF activators e.g.
3. Chorionic Gonadotrophin (CG) and Luteinizing Hormone (LH) and their releasing factors in males, e.g.
4. Corticotrophins and their releasing factors, e.g.
5. Growth Hormone (GH) and its releasing factors including:
- Growth Hormone Releasing Hormone (GHRH) and its analogues e.g.
- Growth Hormone Secretagogues (GHS) e.g.
- ghrelin mimetics e.g.
- GH-Releasing Peptides (GHRPs) e.g.
- pralmorelin (GHRP-2).
Additional prohibited growth factors:
- Fibroblast Growth Factors (FGFs);
- Hepatocyte Growth Factor (HGF);
- Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1) and its analogues;
- Mechano Growth Factors (MGFs);
- Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (PDGF);
- Vascular-Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) and any other growth factor affecting muscle, tendon or ligament protein synthesis/degradation, vascularisation, energy utilization, regenerative capacity or fibre type switching.