S5. Diuretics and Masking Agents
If a Substance or Method is not defined in this list, please verify with your Anti-Doping Organization.
The following diuretics and masking agents are prohibited, as are other substances with a similar chemical structure or similar biological effect(s).
Including, but not limited to:
- plasma expanders e.g. glycerol and intravenous administration of albumin, dextran, hydroxyethyl starch and mannitol
- etacrynic acid
- thiazides, e.g. bendroflumethiazide
- chlorothiazide and hydrochlorothiazide
- vaptans, e.g. tolvaptan.
- ophthalmic use of carbonic anhydrase inhibitors, e.g.
- Local administration of felypressin in dental anaesthesia.
The detection in an Athlete’s Sample at all times or In-Competition, as applicable, of any quantity of the following substances subject to threshold limits: formoterol, salbutamol, cathine, ephedrine, methylephedrine and pseudoephedrine, in conjunction with a diuretic or masking agent, will be considered as an Adverse Analytical Finding unless the Athlete has an approved TUE for that substance in addition to the one granted for the diuretic or masking agent.