If a Substance or Method is not defined in this list, please verify with your Anti-Doping Organization.
All stimulants, including all optical isomers (e.g. d- and l-) where relevant, are prohibited, except imidazole derivatives for topical use and those stimulants included in the 2014 Monitoring Program*.
a: Non-Specified Stimulants:
- fonturacetam [4-phenylpiracetam (carphedon)]
- metamfetamine (d-)
A stimulant not expressly listed in this section is a Specified Substance.
b: Specified Stimulants (examples):
- cathinone and its analogues (e.g. mephedrone, methedrone, α- pyrrolidinovalerophenone)
- epinephrine**** (adrenaline)
- hydroxyamfetamine (parahydroxyamphetamine)
- methylhexaneamine (dimethylpentylamine)
- oxilofrine (methylsynephrine)
- tenamfetamine (methylenedioxyamphetamine)
- and other substances with a similar chemical structure or similar biological effect(s).
* The following substances included in the 2014 Monitoring Program (bupropion, caffeine, nicotine, phenylephrine, phenylpropanolamine, pipradol, synephrine) are not considered as Prohibited Substances.
** Cathine is prohibited when its concentration in urine is greater than 5 micrograms per milliliter.
*** Each of ephedrine and methylephedrine is prohibited when its concentration in urine is greater than 10 micrograms per milliliter.
**** Local administration (e.g. nasal, ophthalmologic) of epinephrine (adrenaline) or co-administration with local anaesthetic agents is not prohibited.
***** Pseudoephedrine is prohibited when its concentration in urine is greater than 150 micrograms per milliliter.