Substances Prohibited At All Times
If a Substance or Method is not defined in this list, please verify with your Anti-Doping Organization.
S0. Non-Approved Substances
- Any pharmacological substance which is not addressed by any of the subsequent sections of the List and with no current approval by any governmental regulatory health authority for human therapeutic use (e.g drugs under pre-clinical or clinical development or discontinued, designer drugs, substances approved only for veterinary use) is prohibited.
S1. Anabolic Agents
Anabolic agents are prohibited.
1. Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS)
a. Exogenous* AAS, including:
- 1-androstenediol (5α-androst-1-ene-3β,17β-diol)
- 1-androstenedione (5α-androst-1-ene-3,17-dione)
- bolandiol (estr-4-ene-3β,17β-diol)
- boldione (androsta-1,4-diene-3,17-dione)
- danazol ([1,2]oxazolo[4',5':2,3]pregna-4-en-20-yn-17α-ol)
- dehydrochlormethyltestosterone (4-chloro-17β-hydroxy-17α-methylandrosta-1,4-dien-3-one)
- desoxymethyltestosterone (17α-methyl-5α-androst-2-en-17β-ol)
- ethylestrenol (19-norpregna-4-en-17α-ol)
- furazabol (17α-methyl[1,2,5]oxadiazolo[3',4':2,3]-5α-androstan-17β-ol)
- 4-hydroxytestosterone (4,17β-dihydroxyandrost-4-en-3-one)
- methandienone (17β-hydroxy-17α-methylandrosta-1,4-dien-3-one)
- methasterone (17β-hydroxy-2α,17α-dimethyl-5α-androstan-3-one)
- methyldienolone (17β-hydroxy-17α-methylestra-4,9-dien-3-one)
- methyl-1-testosterone (17β-hydroxy-17α-methyl-5α-androst-1-en-3-one)
- methylnortestosterone (17β-hydroxy-17α-methylestr-4-en-3-one)
- metribolone (methyltrienolone, 17β-hydroxy-17α-methylestra-4,9,11-trien-3-one)
- 19-norandrostenedione (estr-4-ene-3,17-dione)
- prostanozol (17β-[(tetrahydropyran-2-yl)oxy]-1'H-pyrazolo[3,4:2,3]-5α-androstane)
- 1-testosterone (17β-hydroxy-5α-androst-1-en-3-one)
- tetrahydrogestrinone (17-hydroxy-18a-homo-19-nor-17α-pregna-4,9,11-trien-3-one)
- trenbolone (17β-hydroxyestr-4,9,11-trien-3-one)
- and other substances with a similar chemical structure or similar biological effect(s).
b. Endogenous** AAS when administered exogenously:
- androstenediol (androst-5-ene-3β,17β-diol)
- androstenedione (androst-4-ene-3,17-dione)
- dihydrotestosterone (17β-hydroxy-5α-androstan-3-one)
- prasterone (dehydroepiandrosterone, DHEA, 3β-hydroxyandrost-5-en-17-one)
- 4-androstenediol (androst-4-ene-3β,17β-diol)
- 5-androstenedione (androst-5-ene-3,17-dione)
2. Other Anabolic Agents, including but not limited to:
- selective androgen receptor modulators (SARMs)
For purposes of this section:
* "exogenous" refers to a substance which is not ordinarily capable of being produced by the body naturally.
** "endogenous" refers to a substance which is capable of being produced by the body naturally.
S3. Beta-2 Agonists
All beta-2 agonists, including all optical isomers (e.g. d- and l-) where relevant, are prohibited except inhaled salbutamol (maximum 1600 micrograms over 24 hours), inhaled formoterol (maximum delivered dose 54 micrograms over 24 hours) and salmeterol when taken by inhalation in accordance with the manufacturers’ recommended therapeutic regimen.
The presence in urine of salbutamol in excess of 1000 ng/mL or formoterol in excess of 40 ng/mL is presumed not to be an intended therapeutic use of the substance and will be considered as an Adverse Analytical Finding unless the Athlete proves, through a controlled pharmacokinetic study, that the abnormal result was the consequence of the use of the therapeutic inhaled dose up to the maximum indicated above.
S5. Diuretics and Other Masking Agents
Masking agents are prohibited. They include:
- plasma expanders (e.g. glycerol; intravenous administration of albumin, dextran, hydroxyethyl starch and mannitol)
- and other substances with similar biological effect(s).
Local administration of felypressin in dental anaesthesia is not prohibited.
- etacrynic acid
- thiazides (e.g. bendroflumethiazide, chlorothiazide, hydrochlorothiazide)
- and other substances with a similar chemical structure or similar biological effect(s) (except drospirenone, pamabrom and topical dorzolamide and brinzolamide, which are not prohibited).