Substances Prohibited At All Times
If a Substance or Method is not defined in this list, please verify with your Anti-Doping Organization.
S0. Non-Approved Substances
- Any pharmacological substance which is not addressed by any of the subsequent sections of the List and with no current approval by any governmental regulatory health authority for human therapeutic use (e.g drugs under pre-clinical or clinical development or discontinued, designer drugs, substances approved only for veterinary use) is prohibited at all times.
S1. Anabolic Agents
Anabolic agents are prohibited.
1. Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS)
a. Exogenous* AAS, including:
- 1-androstenediol (5α-androst-1-ene-3β,17β-diol)
- 1-androstenedione (5α-androst-1-ene-3,17-dione)
- 1-testosterone (17β-hydroxy-5α-androst-1-en-3-one)
- 4-hydroxytestosterone (4,17β-dihydroxyandrost-4-en-3-one)
- 19-norandrostenedione (estr-4-ene-3,17-dione)
- bolandiol (estr-4-ene-3β,17β-diol)
- boldione (androsta-1,4-diene-3,17-dione)
- danazol ([1,2]oxazolo[4',5':2,3]pregna-4-en-20-yn-17α-ol)
- dehydrochlormethyltestosterone (4-chloro-17β-hydroxy-17α-methylandrosta-1,4-dien-3-one)
- desoxymethyltestosterone (17α-methyl-5α-androst-2-en-17β-ol)
- ethylestrenol (19-norpregna-4-en-17α-ol)
- furazabol (17α-methyl[1,2,5]oxadiazolo[3',4':2,3]-5α-androstan-17β-ol)
- metandienone (17β-hydroxy-17α-methylandrosta-1,4-dien-3-one)
- methasterone (17β-hydroxy-2α,17α-dimethyl-5α-androstan-3-one)
- methyldienolone (17β-hydroxy-17α-methylestra-4,9-dien-3-one)
- methyl-1-testosterone (17β-hydroxy-17α-methyl-5α-androst-1-en-3-one)
- methylnortestosterone (17β-hydroxy-17α-methylestr-4-en-3-one)
- metribolone (methyltrienolone, 17β-hydroxy-17α-methylestra-4,9,11-trien-3-one)
- prostanozol (17β-[(tetrahydropyran-2-yl)oxy]-1'H-pyrazolo[3,4:2,3]-5α-androstane)
- tetrahydrogestrinone (17-hydroxy-18a-homo-19-nor-17α-pregna-4,9,11-trien-3-one)
- trenbolone (17β-hydroxyestr-4,9,11-trien-3-one)
- and other substances with a similar chemical structure or similar biological effect(s).
b. Endogenous** AAS when administered exogenously:
- androstenediol (androst-5-ene-3β,17β-diol)
- androstenedione (androst-4-ene-3,17-dione)
- dihydrotestosterone (17β-hydroxy-5α-androstan-3-one)
- prasterone (dehydroepiandrosterone, DHEA, 3β-hydroxyandrost-5-en-17-one)
- 4-androstenediol (androst-4-ene-3β,17β-diol)
- 5-androstenedione (androst-5-ene-3,17-dione)
2. Other Anabolic Agents, including but not limited to:
- selective androgen receptor modulators (SARMs, e.g. andarine and ostarine)
For purposes of this section:
* “exogenous” refers to a substance which is not ordinarily produced by the body naturally.
** “endogenous” refers to a substance which is ordinarily produced by the body naturally.
S3. Beta-2 Agonists
- All beta-2 agonists, including all optical isomers, e.g. d- and l- where relevant, are prohibited.
- Inhaled salbutamol (maximum 1600 micrograms over 24 hours);
- Inhaled formoterol (maximum delivered dose 54 micrograms over 24 hours); and
- Inhaled salmeterol in accordance with the manufacturers’ recommended therapeutic regimen.
S5. Diuretics and Masking Agents
The following diuretics and masking agents are prohibited, as are other substances with a similar chemical structure or similar biological effect(s).
Including, but not limited to:
- plasma expanders e.g. glycerol and intravenous administration of albumin, dextran, hydroxyethyl starch and mannitol
- etacrynic acid
- thiazides, e.g. bendroflumethiazide
- chlorothiazide and hydrochlorothiazide
- vaptans, e.g. tolvaptan.
- ophthalmic use of carbonic anhydrase inhibitors, e.g.
- Local administration of felypressin in dental anaesthesia.